Recently, I asked my niece, Derinda, to send me some recipes for my blog/future family cookbook. And she did. They are simple to prepare and delicious. She has a couple of young kids and lots of friends so the recipes have been expertly taste-tested.
Derinda writes, “In the spirit of the Super Bowl this is our FAVORITE cheese dip for chips. It is definitely a meal in itself!”
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small white onion, finely diced
- 1 can green chili peppers (7 ounce), finely chopped
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes
- 3 pounds Velveeta (I prefer 2% Velveeta)
- Brown onion, sausage and ground beef. Drain.
- Mix in all other ingredients in a crock pot. Heat until cheese is melted and leave on low in pot to serve.
LEFTOVER IDEA: This makes a lot! If you have some leftover dip, try making a quick miga of sorts by adding approximately 1/4 cup of cheese sauce and a handful of crumbled chips to an uncooked scrambled egg in a non-stick skillet. Stir gently until all the egg has been cooked. Serve with flour tortillas and salsa.
Thanks Derinda, for an easy recipe that is sure to be the hit of any party.