It started with a recipe I found buried in a notebook of company recipes for a pizza chain where I used to work in research and development. After revising the amounts to make them domestically appropriate, and dressing it up a bit, I consider it mine.
I love this chicken salad served with homemade rolls of almost any kind. My current favorites are these sweet potato rolls made into crescent or butterhorn (as my mom used to call them) shapes. Other possibilities include crescent rolls out of a can or croissants if your pants are feeling loose.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- ½ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- ¼ cup celery, finely chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt, unflavored (may substitute more mayo)
- ½ cup mayonnaise (I use reduced fat)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pinch of sugar
- Stir all ingredients together in a bowl until combined.