My friend Tamara was my husband’s friend first. Not in a romantic way, I don’t think, just a friend. They went to church together as kids, so I inherited our friendship. And I’m glad I did. The amount of blackmail material I’ve squeezed out of her should last for several years.
Seriously, God has used Tamara to teach me a few things about caring for elderly parents, hospitality, and being joyful when life isn’t. She’s a good cook, too. This oft-requested recipe is just one example.
You’ve probably already seen various toppings poured over a block of cream cheese, but this cheese has Gorgonzola added which contributes a certain something special you will be hard-pressed to identify. But the best part is the sauce–Mango Green Apple Habanero Sauce by Cookwell. Unfortunately, it can be difficult to find, but it’s available online, so I decided to go ahead and share it. In Texas, it is available at some H-E-B stores (found mine in Burleson). I am guessing jalapeno pepper jelly would be a good substitute if you can’t find the mango sauce.
This goes together quickly. Seems like a great idea for a Super Bowl party!
P.S. I was not compensated in any way by Cookwell for saying nice things about their product.
- 1 bottle Mango Green Apple Habanero Sauce by Cookwell Company (See note)
- 2 tablespoons Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 2 8-ounce bars cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup green onions, sliced
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Combine 1 tablespoon Mango sauce and Gorgonzola with cream cheese using a food processor, mixer, or the back of a spoon and elbow grease. Spoon onto a sheet of plastic wrap and mold into desired shape such as a roll or brick. Chill.
- Blend the remaining bottle of the sauce with the onions and cranberries. Mix well.
- When ready to serve, place cheese on serving plate and cover with sauce, onion, and cranberries.
- Serve with crackers.