Have you ever had a cannoli? I fell in love with this Italian treat after eating them at Mike’s Pastries in Boston. These somewhat lower calorie cones remind me of cannoli.
And the mug? It was given to us by Bert and Gezien Takens, some friends of ours from Holland. Think it means “YUMMY!” in Dutch. A perfect description for this little snack.
The ricotta mixture makes a delicious dip with plain pita chips. Portion out chips and dip before you start because it’s hard to stop.
Makes 8 servings.
- 1 15 oz. carton ricotta cheese, lowfat or nonfat if you can find it
- ¼ c. Greek yogurt (can substitute regular plain or vanilla flavored yogurt but play with the amount since it is not as thick)5 packets Splenda (or sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅛ cup coarsely chopped bittersweet chocolate chips (Ghiradelli recommended)
- Combine first four ingredients in blender and blend till smooth. Chill. Add chopped chocolate.
- To serve: spoon into small sugar cone and sprinkle with more chocolate.
- Calories – 94
- Fat – 5.1 g
- Sodium – 74 mg
- Carbohydrates – 4.9 g
- Protein – 6.7 g